Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Breathless

In case you haven't read any of my Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram posts, I just returned from one of the greatest concerts of my life so far! Passion's Let the Future Begin tour came to Rome, GA tonight. Both Kristian Stanfill and Louie Giglio were present. At first, I thought I wasn't going to go because I didn't know anybody else going. On a whim, I decided to text on my closest friends here at the time, Ashlyn. She enthusiastically agreed to go to the concert with me. I was beyond excited. I spent the entire month of September just rocking out to my Passion playlist.

And then, the day of the concert was upon me. I can't even explain how excited I was to see Kristian Stanfill perform and to hear Louie Giglio speak. I'm going to provide you all with pictures and then I will speak about how much God moved me throughout the night.

































God is just so so good to me and everybody else. I was brought to tears tonight while watching these people dance and jump for the Lord and then as the tone changes, be brought to their knees with their arms lifted towards the heavens. It was one of the most surreal moments I've ever experienced.

God spoke to me tonight and I was so humbled in His presence. I treasure those times when I can hear God speaking to me. Kristian got the entire band to just stop playing and we all stood their in the complete and utter silence. I raised my hands toward the heavens and just let the Spirit wash over me. I felt so small underneath God's indescribable mercy.

God created me for a reason here on the Earth. He wants me here. How magnificent is that? God's never-failing love for me always leaves me breathless.

When Louie came out to talk tonight, I was floored. That sermon really hit home for me. It made me remember those times in high school when I thought I wasn't worth it; when I thought that nobody cared about me; when I sank so low, I thought that by ending my life, I would be doing a lot of people a favor. Louie talked about how God wants so much more...IMMEASURABLY MORE...for us. He doesn't want us to quit in the middle of the run. He wants us to keep on running; to keep praying; to keep loving others. He doesn't want us to settle for less than what we are worth. (And, just so you know, we are priceless in His eyes. No amount can ever be large enough for us. We are His priceless treasures.)

Well, I just wanted to leave you all with some song lyrics. We sang this song tonight and it was so powerful. I hope you all have a great rest of the week.

"‘Cause I am found, I am Yours
I am loved, I'm made pure
I have life, I can breathe
I am healed, I am free

‘Cause You are strong, You are sure
You are life, You endure
You are good, always true
You are light breaking through

Here's my heart Lord,
Here's my heart Lord
Here's my heart Lord, 
Speak what is true."

(Here's My Heart; Passion Worship Band)

No comments:

Post a Comment